Speeches by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India
Sapru House Lectures
Year End Review 2015
Annual Report on the Developments in the Field of Foreign Affairs, Internal Security, Economic Policy, Defence, Commerce and Finance.
Weekly Review of Select International Events
डॉ राकेश कुमार मीना | १६ मई, २०१७
सितम्बर २०१५ में नेपाल में नए संविधान की घोषणा के बाद ऐसा अनुमान लगाया जा रहा था कि देश राजनीतिक स्थिरता और शांति की ओर अग्रसर होगा। लेकिन नए संविधान कि घोषणा के तुरंत बाद ही इसमें निर्दिष्ट कुछ प्रावधानों.......
चित्रा राजोरा | ११ मई, २०१७
मध्य एशिया अपनी भौगोलिक स्तिथि के कारण क्षेत्रीय शक्तियों के लिए आकर्षण का केंद्र रहा है । कजाख्स्तान सोवियत संघ के विघटन के बाद, मध्य एशिया के आर्थिक विकास के जरिये एक विकासशील देश बन कर उभरा है । इस देश.......
H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K. P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal
H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia
20-21 April, 2017 |
Two-day International Seminar entitled, “Internal Changes in South Asia: Challenges and Opportunities.”
Paper presented by ICWA Research Fellows during Outreach Activities
As part of its ‘Awareness Programme on Indian Foreign Policy’, Indian Council of World Affairs announces the second edition of ICWA Essay Competition for school students ( 15-18 years) and undergraduate/ post graduate students ( 18-25Years ).
Click for Details
18 April 2017
- Press Release on Video Conference on 'India-Russia Bilateral and International Issues', April 19, 2017.
10 April 2017
- Meeting with the Vietnam Academy of Social Sciences (VASS) delegation
7 April 2017
- Second Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA)-Soong Ching Ling Foundation (CSCLF) Roundtable
30-31 March 2017
- Two day International Conference on "India's Foreign Policy Transformation : Issues and Challenges"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the School of Management Studies, KONGU Engineering College, Perundurai, Erode, Tamilnadu.
27-28 March 2017
- Two day National Seminar on "Post-Cold War Geopolitics, Geo-Economics and Geo-Culture in Central Asia"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the MMAJ Academy of International Studies, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi.
25-26 March 2017
- Two day National Seminar on "India's Foreign Policy : Emerging Challenges"; Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: Organized by the GDC Memorial College, VPO : Bahal-127028, Distt. Bhiwani, Haryana.
24 March 2017
- Book Discussion on Shri Tilak Devasher's book: on "Pakistan: Courting the Abyss".
20 March 2017
- Lecture by H.E. Dr. Negeri Lencho, Minister of Communication Affairs of Ethiopia on “India-Ethiopia Relations – the journey so far and way forward”.
16 March 2017
- An Interaction with the group of students from University of Chicago.
9-10 March 2017
- Two day Young Scholars Forum 2017 seminar on "India's North Eastern States and Eastern Neighbours: Borderlands, People and Connectivity"
Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA:
To be organised jointly by the ICWA and Divyajeevan Foundation Society (Asian Confluence), Shillong, Meghalaya
7 March 2017
- 23rd Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Dr. Fayez Tarawneh, Chief of Royal Court of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan on “Global War on Terrorism and its Implications on Middle East Region and Beyond”.
ICWA Guest Column
Ambassador Skand Tayal (retd) | 27 April 2016
Ambassador Dr. Bhaskar Balakrishnan | 3 February 2016
Ambassador Biren Nanda | 19 January 2016
Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in all publications of the Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) are of the members of the Research Faculty and do not reflect the opinions of the Council or any of its office bearers.
23 May 2017
In view of British PM Theresa May's announcement on March 20, 2017 that Britain will trigger the two-year process of leaving the European Union (EU) on March 29, the European Council President.....
17 May 2017
The 12th presidential election is scheduled to be held in Iran on May 19, 2017. This election is fought under the backdrop of the nuclear deal between Iran and the world powers and this issue.....
12 May 2017
China is preparing extensively for “the Belt and Road Forum for International Cooperation” to be held in the suburbs of Beijing on 14-15 May 2017. President Xi Jinping is scheduled to host 29.....
12 May 2017
Mr. Lenin Moreno's recent electoral victory in the Ecuadorean presidential election held on 02 April, 2017 is seen as a key to continue and expand the "Citizens' Revolution" under outgoing.....
11 May 2017
The EU heads of state or government met in Rome, Italy on March 25, 2017 on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the Rome treaties. The summit sought to look back at the achievements of the.....
11 May 2017
The current crisis in Venezuela has turned the once economically stable and regional power into a country with a stalled economy, high inflation and unemployment rates, facing shortage of food,.....
8 May 2017
India and Azerbaijan have cordial relations with each other since ancient times. The medieval monuments and sculptures in Azerbaijan with Devnagari and Gurumukhi wall inscriptions in the region.....
5 May 2017
Former President of South Korea, Park Geun-hye was impeached by the National Assembly on 9 December 2016. It was followed by her removal from the office on 10 March 2017, by the Constitutional.....
|Asian Relations Conference 1947
"What I want you to understand
is the message of Asia. It is not to be learnt
through the western spectacles or by imitating
the atom bomb. If you want to give a message of
truth. I do not want merely to appeal to your
head. I want to capture to your heart."
Asia is again finding herself one of the notable
consequence of the European domination of Asia
has been the isolation of the countries of Asia
from one another. Today this isolation is breaking
down because of many reasons, political and otherwise....
Pandit Jawahar Lal Nehru
We have set the great wheel of destiny in motion
again and the hands of time will not stop the
resolution of the wheel.In years to come the work
we have done today will remain, will survive and
will be the beacon star to all those who seek
India Quarterly The flagship publication of the Council is ‘India Quarterly’ (A Journal of International Affairs). It was launched in 1945 and entered its 66th year of publication in 2010.
List of New Books Added to the Library Collection on 18 October 2016: Title:
Advances In International Environmental Politics. 2014
Author | Publisher
Betsill, Michel M. |   Palgrave Macmillan
Heritage of Diplomacy
"Heritage of Diplomacy" is a bouquet of books written by ambassadors and senior diplomats. This special collection is available in the Indian Council of World Affairs library.
Research & Outreach Grants
Research in Other Think Tanks