The library Consultation Membership is open for academicians,
parliamentarians, diplomats, senior civil servants,
journalists, subject experts and other members of the
public with a nominal fee of Rs. 1200.00 per anum. Valid
ID and residential address proof is required to be submitted
1. All ICWA staff members including Research Scholars
and Administrative Staff are entitled to become members
of the Library. However, temporary or contract employee
(including those on daily wages) can become a member
only with permission of the Director General / Deputy
2. The validity period of library membership will be
for one year from the date of joining.
3. No personal books/reading material/printed
material will be allowed in the Library.
4. Researchers / Students – Only
bonafide Post Graduate / M.Phil. / Ph.D./ Research Scholars
in the Social Sciences are eligible
to apply for Library Membership and they will be charged
discounted fee of Rs. 600.00 per anum. They must provide
a letter of recommendation from concerned Head of Department
/ Research Guide / Principal of College and a residential
5. Outstation members are entitled only to consult in
the Library and will not be given borrowing facilities.
6. All Members, who wish to avail the books borrowing
facility from ICWA Library, should deposit Rs 2800/-
as security deposit. This amount will be refunded at
the time of withdrawal of membership, without accrual
of interest, after making deduction of dues, if any,
towards late return/non-return of Library documents
and/or for damaging any of them.
7. Only bonafide members are allowed to use the Library.
Members must always carry their ID cards while visiting
8. Visitors, research scholars and members of other
institutions may be granted reading and reference privileges
at the discretion of the Director General/ Deputy Director
General/ Librarian. Such users must seek permission
in writing for using the privileges.
9. The Library members who are employees of ICWA must
obtain “No Dues Certificate” from the Librarian
before relinquishing membership or leaving the Institute
due to resignation, retirement, transfer, deputation,
etc. It is a must for settling the dues with the Accounts
10. Administration and Accounts Divisions will ensure
that ICWA staff submits to them “No Dues Certificate”
from the Library when they leave the Institute on resignation,
transfer/deputation, retirement, etc., before settling
11. Any violation of rule(s) may lead to cancellation/suspension