- First 'India China Think-Tanks Forum' at Sapru House, New Delhi, 9-10 December, 2016.
- Fourth 'India-Central Asia Dialogue' at Sapru House, New Delhi, 1-2 December, 2016.
- Talk by H.E. Prof. George Katrougalos, Alternate Minister for Foreign Affairs of Greece on “Europe in front of new challenges”, 23 November, 2016.
- Interaction ICWA and Institute of Foreign
Affairs and National Security (IFANS), Ministry
of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Korea at Sapru House, New Delhi, 16 November, 2016.
- International Seminar on "Heart of Asia" at Sapru
House, New Delhi, 10-11 November, 2016.
- International Conference on "Focus Latin America:
The Need for an Effective Programme" at Sapru House,
New Delhi, 24-25 October, 2016.
- Foreign Policy awareness programme in HINDI in Digvijai Nath P.G. College, Gorakhpur, 6 October 2016.
- Work Shop On 'India's Foreign Policy: Recent Trends and Challenges'; In Collaboration With ICWA, New Delhi, 29-30 September 2016.
- Working Luncheon Meeting with the visiting delegation from The China Reform Forum, 27 September 2016.
- Two day National Seminar on "Reinventing India-East Asia Relations under NDA-II Cultural and Strategic Perspective", Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: To be organized by the Society for Social Empowerment, New Delhi in collaboration with V.K. Krishna Menon Study Centre for International Relations, Kerala University, Thiruananthapuram, 23-24 September 2016.
- Two day meeting of Heads of Think-Tanks of India and Russia, 22-23 September 2016.
- Second Meeting of the CSCAP Study Group on 'Marine Environment Protection', Beijing, China, 4-6 September 2016.
- Talk by H.E. Mr. Kim Won-Soo, Under Secretary-General and High Representative for Disarmament Affairs, United Nations Office for Disarmament Affairs (UNODA), 29 August 2016.
- Presentation for HoMs of Latin American and Caribbean countries on the forthcoming two day International Conference, 8 August 2016.
- Meeting with the delegation from China Institute of Contemporary International Relations (CICIR), Beijing, China, 4 August 2016.
- Talk by Mr. António Guterres, former Prime Minister of Portugal and former United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, 22 July 2016.
- Two day National Seminar on India and the Ocean Economy, 11-12 July 2016.
- Book Discussion on Shri M.K. Rasgotra, Former Foreign Secretary's book "A Life in Diplomacy", 5 July 2016.
- Book Discussion on Shri Mohan K. Tikku's book "After the Fall: Sri Lanka in Victory and War", 30 June 2016.
- Presentation on "Conflict Prevention - The Impact of Supernational EU Legal Institutions" by High Commissioner of Cyprus,
with Opening Remarks by the Ambassador of the European Union, 6 June 2016.
- Interaction with the Delegation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Indonesia on "Maritime Affairs", 26 May 2016
- Meeting of the Head of Think Tanks (HoTT) Forum, 27 April, 2016
- Release of an ICWA publication entitled "A CHINA PRIMER: An Introduction to a Culture and a Neighbour", authored by Ambassador G.S. Iyer; Dr. Shashi Tharoor, M.P., Hon'ble Chairperson, Parliamentary Standing Committee of the Ministry of External Affairs & Vice President of the Indian Council of World Affairs
has very kindly consented to Release the book, 13 April, 2016.
- Roundtable on "The Al Qaida and the Daesh: The Present State of Play", 12 April, 2016.
- Interaction between ICWA faculty and students from Sudan, 11 April 2016.
- Council for Security Cooperation in the Asia Pacific (CSCAP) Meeting 2nd Meeting of the CSCAP Study Group on Harmonization of the Aeronautical and Maritime Search and Rescue (SAR), 8-9 April, 2016.
- Fifth ICWA-PISM Conference, Warsaw, Poland, 21-22 March, 2016.
- Book Discussion on "Canada-India: Partner in progress"; An ICWA's publication, authored by Ambassador P.K. Budhwar, 15 March 2016.
- 22nd Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mrs. Claudia Ruiz-Massieu Salinas, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Mexico
on "International Perspective of Mexico: Mexico-India Relations", 11 March, 2016.
- ICWA-IFANS Dialogue, 4 March, 2016.
- 21st Sapru House Lecture by Rt. Hon'ble Mr. K.P. Sharma Oli, Prime Minister, Government of Nepal; event presided over by Hon’ble Smt. Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister, Government of India on 22 February, 2016.
- Three Day International Seminar on “Changing Economic Parameters and Prospects of Growth in India and South Asia” at Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA, 5-7 February, 2016.
- Book Discussion on “The Longest August” authored by Mr. Dilip Hiro, Writer, Journalist and Commentator; Speakers/Discussants: Mr. Dilip Hiro, Ambassador Rajiv Dogra, and Shri Sushant Sareen, Sr. Fellow, Vivekananda International Foundation; Chair & Discussant: Ambassador Satish Chandra, 5 February, 2016
- Foreign Policy awareness programme in HINDI in R.C.A. Girls’ (PG) College, Mathura at Vrindavan Gate, Mathura, Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA, 1-2 February, 2016
- Two day National Seminar on the theme "India's Act East Policy: Problems and Prospects in North East India" at Imphal, Manipur, Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA, 28-29 January, 2016.
- Roundtable on "India-US Partnership" with the participation of the visiting US Congressional Delegation at Sapru House, 18 January, 2016
- Talk by H.E. Mr. Ranjit Rae, Ambassador of India to Nepal on "The Current Situation in Nepal"; Chaired by: Ambassador Nalin Surie, Director General, ICWA, 11 January, 2016
- Interaction between Research Faculty of ICWA and participants to the HRDC Global Studies Programme, 2 December, 2015
- "Asian Confluence: Young Scholars Forum", Outreach programme financially supported by ICWA: To be organised jointly by the ICWA and Divyajeevan Foundation Society, Shillong, Meghalaya, December 5-6, 2015
- Function to commemorate the "International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People", 30 November, 2015.
- China-India Friendship Roundtable on 'Expect future from tradition: China-India friendly exchanges and mutual learning' with Soong Ching Ling Foundation, 25-27 November, 2015, Beijing.
- Twentieth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Dr. Milan Brglez, Speaker of the Parliament of Slovenia on "Slovenia's Decade in the European Union - A Look Back and Opportunities for the Future"; Chaired by: Ambassador Dinkar Khullar, 26 November, 2015
- Lecture by Ambassador Samantha Power, Permanent U.S. Representative to the United Nations on "Toward More Effective Peacekeeping in the 21st Century", 20 November, 2015
- Pre-India Africa Forum Summit-III Academic Conference on 'India-Africa in the 21st Century: Scale and Scope of Comprehensive Partnership', 15-16 OCtober, 2015.
- Roundtable Disscussion with B' Nai B' rith International, 21 October, 2015.
- Interaction with Mr. Khin Zaw Win, Tampadipa Institute, Yangon, 30 October, 2015.
- ICWA-AIIA Bilateral Dialogue, 15 September, 2015.
- Trilateral Dialogue with ICWA-AIIA-JIIA, 16 September, 2015.
- ICWA-JIIA Bilateral Dialogue, 17 September, 2015.
- Release of Ambassador Rajiv Bhatia's Book - 'India-Myanmar Relations: Changing contours' by Hon'ble Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Vice President of India, 22 September, 2015.
- Eighteenth Sapru House Lecture by Justice Antonio T. Carpio, Senior Associate Justice, Supreme Court of the Philippines on "The South China Sea Dispute", 6 August, 2015.
- Nineteenth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. James Alix Michel, President of the Republic of Seychelles on "Maritime Security for the Blue Economy" , 27 August, 2015
- Speech by H.E. Mr. Mogens Lykketoft, President-elect of the 70th Session, United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on "UN at 70", 31 August, 2015
- Foreign Policy awareness programme in HINDI in Atal Bihari Vajpayee Hindi Vishwavidyalaya, Bhopal, 28 July, 2015.
- ICWA-Asia Centre, Bangalore (ICWA's MoU partner) Joint Seminar on "China's Growing Geopolitical Reach and Intersection of Interests with India", 13 June, 2015
- ICWA-MISIS (Myanmar Institute of Strategic and International Studies) Bilateral Dialogue, 17 June, 2015.
- Two days National Conference on "INDIA's NORTH-EAST and BEYOUND: CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES", 25-26 June, 2015
- ICWA-FICCI: Business Knowledge Connect, 26 June, 2015
- SEVENTEENTH Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. Aslov Sirodjidin Muhridinovich, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Tajikistan on "Tajikistan Foreign Policy and Regional Security Challenges", Chaired by: Ambassador Yogendra Kumar, 12 May, 2015.
- Release of book: "CHINA: CONFUCIUS in the Shadows", [An ICWA Publication, Authored by Smt. Poonam Surie]
by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Hon'ble Vice President of India, 1 May, 2015.
- SIXTEENTH Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. Mohammad Ashraf Ghani, President of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan on "The rebirth of the Asian Continental Economy: Regional Cooperation and Afghanistan's Cooperative Advantage", 28 April, 2015
- Launch of book: “LATIN AMERICA, THE CARIBBEAN AND INDIA: Promise and Challenge”, [An ICWA publication, authored by Ambassador Deepak Bhojwani], 9 April, 2015.
- “India-Israel Track-II Dialogue”, 30 March, 2015.
- Sixth Annual Asian Relations Conference(ARC-VI) on 'Non-Traditional Issues in Asian Foreign Policies', 23-24 March, 2015.
- Seminar on "Integrating Northeast in India's Act East Policy", 23 February, 2015.
- FIFTEENTH Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan on "Special Partnership for the Era of the Indo-Pacific"; Chaired by: Ambassador Shashank, Former Foreign Secretary of India , 17 January, 2015.
- Fourteenth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. H.T. Imam, Political Advisor to Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina; Chaired by: Ambassador Pinak Ranjan Chakravarty, 16 January 2015.
- India-China Academic Dialogue (ICWA-SIIS), 13 January 2015.
- Thirteenth Sapru House - UN Lecture by His Excellency Mr. Ban Ki-moon, United Nations Secretary General (UNSG) on "India and the United Nations in a Changing World"; Chaired by: Ambassador C.R. Gharekhan, 12 January 2015.
- ICWA - Jindal School of International Affairs Symposium on “India-Africa in the 21st Century- A Comprehensive Partnership”, 5 December 2014.
- Roundtable on “National Security: The Key Challenges Ahead for India”, 2 December 2014.
- Twelfth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. Oldemiro Júlio Marques Balói, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation of Mozambique on “Perspectives on Mozambican Foreign Policy”; Chaired by: Ambassador Shashank, Former Foreign Secretary of India, 28 November 2014
- India-New Zealand Track II Dialogue, 24 November, 2014
- Eleventh Sapru House Lecture by Ambassador Eric Gonsalves, Former Secretary, Ministry of External Affairs on “India and the World 2025”; Chaired by: Ambassador K. Srinivasan, Former Foreign Secretary, 19 November, 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on “Palestinian Question: Present Scenario and Future Prospect”, 17 November, 2014
- ICWA-KNDA Bilateral Dialogue - 2014, at Seoul, South Korea on 17 November, 2014
- One day workshop on ‘India’s Policy on Neighbourhood’, organized by ICWA in association with Central University of Bihar, at Gaya on 17 November, 2014
- Fourth ICWA-PISM Seminar on “Six Decades of India-Poland Relations: The Way Forward”, 17 November, 2014
- ICWA-SIS, JNU Dialogue 2014 on “India in the Emerging Global Order: Political, Strategic and Economic Dynamics”, 10 November, 2014
- Panel Discussion on “South Africa’s Africa Agenda: Changing Perspectives on Africa’s Development”; Keynote Speaker: H.E. Ms. Lindiwe Sisulu, Minister of Housing of the Republic of South Africa, 3 November, 2014
- Visit of a Six members delegation from Universiti Teknologi MARA (UiTM), Malaysia, 16 October, 2014
- India-China Track II Dialogue (ICWA-CPIFA), 10 October, 2014
- Symposium on "Revitalising the South Asian Association for Regional Co-operation (SAARC)", 29 September 2014
- Address by H.E. Mr. Xi Jinping, President of the People's Republic of China, 18 September, 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on "India-Africa Cooperation: Role of Regional Economic Communities", 21 August, 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on "Egypt and West Asia: Future Directions", Chaired by: Ambassador Arundhati Ghose, Former Ambassador of India to Egypt, 12 August, 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on “Iraq-the Recent Developments”, Chaired by: Ambassador Sanjay Singh, 17 July 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on "Indonesia's Presidential Elections: Implications for the Region and India", 11 July 2014
- 28st Know India Programme of MOIA, for Youths of Indian Origin, 27 June 2014
- Round Table Discussion on "Canada's Worldview and Relations with India", 27 June 2014
- Panel Discussion on the Book: “India-Poland Relations in the 21st Century: Vistas for Future Cooperation”, 24 June 2014
- Fifth India-EU Forum on Effective Multilateralism 2014, 29-30 April 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on “Europe Place's in the World in the Wake of the Eurozone Crisis”, 3 April 2014
- Release of Ambassador Santosh Kumar's Book "Rats, Cats and Diplomats", 2 April 2014
- Panel Discussion on 'India: Forthcoming Elections and Foreign Policy', Chaired by: Shri H.K. Dua, Hon'ble Member of Parliament, 28 March 2014
- Tenth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Ambassador John W. Ashe, President of the 68th Session United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) on "Post-2015 Development Agenda and Sustainable Development Goals", 21 March 2014
- Lecture by Mr. Dilip Hiro, A Writer, Journalist and Commentator on "Indians in the Globalizing World", Chaired by: Shri Siddharth Varadarajan, Senior Journalist, 28 February 2014
- Fifth Asian Relation Conference (ARC - V) on "Transitions and Interdependence: India and its Neighbours's", 20-21 February 2014
- Ninth Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Hon. Ratu Inoke Kubuabola, Minister for Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation Republic of Fiji on "Developments in Fiji 2007 onwards", 11 February 2014
- International Conference on ‘India’s Partnership with Countries in Southern Africa’, 3 February 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on “China, Regionalism and Globalization: Implications for India” with Professor Shaun Breslin, University of Warwick, UK , 13 January 2014
- Roundtable Discussion on "The European Union in 2020" with Sir Michael Leigh, Senior Adviser, German Marshall Fund of the United States, Chaired by: Ambassador Ashok Sajjanhar, 16 December 2013
- Seminar on BCIM- Economic Corridor (BCIM- EC), 5 December 2013
- Annual Commemoration of the "International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People", 29 November 2013
- Book discussion event "India's Foreign Policy: Coping with the Changing World" by Prof. Muchkund Dubey, former Foreign Secretary, 26 November 2013
- Roundtable with Mr. Terje Rød-Larsen, President, International Peace Institute (IPI) on "Middle East: Prospects for Peace", 8 November 2013
- Eighth Sapru House Lecture by H. E. (Dr.) Viktor Orbán, Prime Minister of Hungary on “Hungary and Europe in a Changing World”, 17 October 2013
- ICWA-SIS(JNU) Dialogue 2013 on “India’s Foreign Policy: Diplomatic Breakthroughs and Critical Gaps”, 7-9 October 2013
- India-Australia-Indonesia Trilateral Dialogue on Indian Ocean (TDIO), 19-20 September 2013
- Roundtable discussion with Prof. V. Suryanarayan,
former Member, NSAB on “Whither Southeast Asia?”,
9 September 2013
- ICWA’s Dialogue with its Counterpart Institutions, ICWA Dialogue with CPIFA(Beijing) & ICWA Dialogue with SIIA(Shanghai) in China, 2-6 September 2013
- Interaction with Journalists from Eastern Europe, Central Asia and Mongolia, 26 August 2013
- ICWA-Asia Centre, Bangalore Joint Seminar on “US Pull-Out from Afghanistan-Implications for India”, 24 August 2013
- Second Meeting of the Core Group on Afghanistan, 14 August 2013
- Second Meeting of Core Group on Pakistan, 30 July 2013
- Seventh Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Mr. Madhav Kumar Nepal, former Prime Minister of Nepal on "Recent Political Developments and upcoming Constituent Assembly Elections in Nepal", 26 July 2013
- Sixth Sapru House Lecture by H.E Mr. Pham Binh Minh, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam on “India-Vietnam Relations and Regional Issues”, 12 July 2013
- International Seminar 'India-Central Asia Dialogue II' at Almaty, Kazakhstan, 17-18 June 2013
- ICWA-NIPSS Round Table Discussion on "Revitalzation of India - Nigeria Relations", 4 June 2013
- Sapru House Lecture by H.E. Bruno Eduardo Rodríguez Parrilla, Foreign Minister of Cuba on "Cuba, CELAC and India", 27 May 2013
- Address by H. E. Mr. Li Keqiang, Premier of the State Council of the People's Republic of China, Chaired by Shri Salman Khurshid, Hon'ble External Affairs Minister of India, 21 May 2013
- International Conference on "Rabindranath Tagore- Envoy of India: His Vision of India and the World", 9-10 May 2013
- Fourth Sapru House Lecture on "Challenges to Democracy in Maldives" by H.E. Mr. Abdulla Shahid, Speaker, People's Majlis (Parliament) of Maldives, 7 May 2013
- Round Table Discussion with Dr. Richard Burge, CEO, Wilton Park, United Kingdom on "Perspectives on Europe, Central Asia and Africa: Building Convergence", 1 May 2013
- Sapru House Lecture on "India-Nepal Relations: Vision for the next Decade" by H.E. Pushpa Kamal Dahal 'Prachanda', former Prime Minister of Nepal, 29 April 2013
- Round Table Discussion with a delegation from Vietnam, 8 April 2013
- Fourth ICWA-AAS Annual Asian Relations Conference (ARC) on ‘Geopolitics
of the Indo-Pacific Region: Asian
Perspectives’, 21-22 March 2013
- Round Table Discussion with Mr. Yves Daccord, Director General of the ICRC, 13 March 2013
- Interaction with Prof. Ishtiaq Ahmed, Professor Emeritus of Political Science, Stockholm University, 26 February 2013
- Delhi Dialogue V : 'India-ASEAN: Vision for Partnership and Prosperity' , 19-20 February 2013
- ICWA-Institute of Foreign Policy Studies(IFPS), University of Calcutta Conference on `India and South-East Asia', 11 February 2013
- Round Table Discussion with Dr. Satu Limaye, Director, East-West Center, Washington, D. C., 7 February 2013
- International Conference on 'The Arab World: March Towards Democracy and its Implications',
4-5 February 2013
- Meeting of the Drafting Group of the Core Group on China, 30 January 2013
- International conference,
titled: “India in World Affairs:
The Next Decade”, 22-24 January 2013
- Visit of students visiting from Texas A&M University, 9 January 2013
- Panel discussion on ICWA-EUISS’s book “The
EU-India partnership: time to go strategic?”
[in collaboration with the European Union Institute
of Security Studies (EUISS)], 8 January 2013
- International conference: 'The Future of the Arab Spring: Local, Regional & International Perspectives', 10-11 December 2012
- ICWA-ICS joint Roundtable Discussion on 'Reflections on 1962 India-China Conflict', 7 December 2012
- Annual Commemoration of the 'International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People', 6 December 2012
- 5th China Core Group Meeting, 27 November 2012
- Third Meeting of the Core Group on Nepal, 15 November 2012
- First Meeting of ICWA Core Group on Afghanistan, 5 November 2012
- International conference on “The Rise of China: Policy Parameters and Prospects” , 1-3 November 2012
- Second Sapru House Lecture by Admiral (Retd.) Arun Prakash on 'China's Maritime Challenge in the 21st Century', 30 October 2012
- IVth Conference on India-EU Forum on Effective Multilaterism, 24 October 2012
- Seminar for the visiting delegation from ICWA’s MoU partner Egyptian Council for Foreign Affairs (ECFA), Topic: “The role of Egypt and India in a changing world”, 16 October 2012
- Interaction with a team from Chittagong University, Political Science Department, Bangladesh, 12 October 2012
- China Core Group Meeting, 8-9 October 2012
ICWA serves as a useful platform where its own Research Faculty interact with outside experts, academic, media specialized, business leaders and serving officials. It conducts serious policy analysis evaluation and crafting of recommendations through the medium of its Core Groups. A number of Core Groups have been in operation, with a focus on important neighbours such as China, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Maldives, Nepal and Afghanistan.
During the month of September 2012, a meeting of the core groups on Sri Lanka and Maldives took place ( on 13 September ) and a meeting of the core group on Nepal took place (27 September).
These meetings were judged to be productive in terms of achieving the goal set for them.
- Roundtable Discussion on “Peace
and Security in a changing world”
with Dr. (Ms.) Louise Arbour, President
of the International Crisis Group (ICG), 4 October 2012
- International symposium on “Global
Initiative for Sustainability and Human
Development: Envisioning the Planetary Future”
at Guwahati, 1-3 October 2012
- Interaction with A delegation of Senior Editors from South Korea and Philippines on “India, South Korea and Philippines Relations”, 18 September 2012
- First Core Group Meeting on Sri Lanka and Maldives, 13 September 2012
- Combined Book Discussion on ICWA publication“Two Decades
of India’s Look East Policy Edited by Ambassador A.N. Ram
and “Ambassadors’ Club”
Edited by Ambassador K.V. Rajan, 13 September 2012
- Roundtable Discussion with H.E. Mr. Pham Quang-Vinh, Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs of Vietnam on Regional issues, 5 September 2012
- Sapru House Lecture on "India and the Great Powers: Managing Strategic Triangles", 31 August 2012
- National Outreach Conference on "Global Nuclear
Disarmament" with a Special Address by the Chief Guest
Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Hon’ble Vice President
of India, 21 August 2012
- Address by H. E. Mr. Alfredo Moreno, Minister of
Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Chile on "Recent
Developments in the Latin American and Caribbean Region",
8 August, 2012
- National Consultations on Relations of India with Latin America & Caribbean,
10 July, 2012
- Address by H. E. Dr. R. M. Marty M. Natalegawa, Foreign Minister of the Republic of Indonesia on "Indonesian View of the World", 27 July, 2012
- IICWA-Africa Academic Conference on “Decolonization,
Development & Diaspora: The Afro-Indian Experience”,
3-5 june, 2012
- Seminar on “Winds of Change
Across Myanmar – Strategic Implications
for India” [in collaboration
with the ICWA] , 9 June 2012
- First Annual India-Central Asia Seminar
To commemorate as part of the celebrations
of the 20th anniversary of India’s
diplomatic relations with Central Asia
11-13 June 2012
- ICWA-AAS Asian Relations Conference on “Transforming
South Asia: Imperatives for Action”, 9-10 March
- Lecture by Mr. Olunsengun Obasanjo, former President
of Nigeria , 12 March 2012
- IAFS-II Academic Conference in Nigeria, [in collaboration with the Nigerian Institute
of International Affairs(NIIA)], 14-15 March 2012
- Sixth India-Spain Dialogue Forum, 21-22 March 2012
- Seminar on ‘Indian Foreign Policy and Defence: Role of Shri Yashwantrao Chavan’ in commemoration
of the Birth Centenary of Shri Yashwantrao
Chavan, former Foreign Minister & Defence
Minister of India, 25 March 2012
- Talk by H.E. Mr. Bilahari Kausikan, Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Singapore, 27 March 2012
- Release of the book "Journeys Diplomatic & Artistic,
[Written by Smt. Neena Sahai and published by India
Empire Publication] By Hon'ble Shri K. Natwar Singh,
Former Minister of External Affairs, 7 February 2012
- Delhi Dialogue IV: “India and ASEAN: Partners
for Peace, Progress and Stability” , 13-14 February
- Release of the book "Journeys Diplomatic & Artistic, [Written by Smt. Neena
Sahai and published by India Empire Publication]
By Hon'ble Shri K. Natwar
Singh, Former Minister of External
Affairs, 4 January 2012
- Launch of: “Diplomacy: Indian Style” [Written by Ambassador K.P. Fabian] by Shri Ranjan Mathai, Foreign Secretary of India, 13 January 2012
- Talk on "Water Issues in South Asia: A Multiple-Scale Comparative Approach" by Prof. James L. Wescoat Jr., Aga Khan Professor, School of Architecture and Planning, Cambridge, USA , 18 January 2012
- Lecture by His Excellency Mr. Rauff Hakeem, Minister of Justice of Sri Lanka and President of AALCO on “Responsibility to Protect: Asian-African Perspectives”, 24 January 2012
- Address by H.E. U Wunna Maung Lwin, Minister for Foreign Affairs of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar on “Myanmar: A Country in Transition to Democracy” , 25 Janaury 2012
Discussion with a delegation of scholars
from Japan led by Prof. Masayuki
Tadokoro on “The Evolving Geo-politics
in Asia and the Pacific: The Role of India
and Japan” 5 December 2011
- Roundtable with Vice Chancellor of University of Warsaw, Poland, 9 December 2011
- Seminar on“Indian and Australian Perspectives on the Rise of China”, 12 December 2011
- Visit of a delegation from China Foreign Affairs University led by Ambassador Zhao Jinjun, President of CFAU, 13 December 2011
- Function to mark the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people, 15 December 2011
- Meeting with Indonesia Bilateral Parliamentary Cooperation Group of the House of Representatives of the Republic of Indonesia, 21 December 2011
- Address by His Excellency Mr. Yoshihiko Noda, Prime Minister of Japan, on “Strategic and Global Partnership Built on People-to-People ‘Kizuna’(Bonds of Friendship)”, 28th December 2011
- An Interaction with Delegations Representing Regional Economic Communities of Africa, 9 November 2011
- Lecture on "Lithuania: A hub in
the Centre of Europe " To mark
Twenty Years of Indo-Lithuanian Diplomatic
Relations by Ms. Asta Skaisgiryte
Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic
of Lithuania, 11 NOvember, 2011
- Talk by Mr. Dilip Hiro on 'Jihadists in South Asia: Their Varying Trajectories', 15 November 2011
- Visits of delegation of Young PIOs, coming to India
under the KNOW INDIA PROGRAMME, for lectures on aspects
Indian Foreign relations, policy and economy etc.
[in collaboration with the ministry of overseas Indian
affairs (MOIA)]], 7 October 2011
- Council for security cooperation in the
Asia Pacific(CSCAP),2nd Meeting of the CSCAP Study Group
on Cyber Security, 11-12 October, 2011
- International Conference entitled ‘India
–Brazil Dialogue’ ,
with the UGC Centre for Latin American
Studies, Goa University], 29-30
on “African Perspectives on
India and China”
Chaired by: Professor K. Mathews,
Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia, 2 September 2011
- Seminar on “Japan-India Strategic
Dialogue – Toward Expanding Partnership
in the 21st Century”, 20 September 2011
- Third ICWA-EUISS Forum Meeting
India-EU Forum on Effective Multilateralism
2011, 27-28 September 2011
- Interaction with His Excellency Mr. Faisal Makdad,
Vice Minister of Foreign and Expatriate Affairs of
the Syrian Arab Republic, 2 August 2011
- Interaction with Members of the Constituent Assembly
of Nepal , 9 August 2011
- ICWA-GNLU Round Table on “India-US
Relations: Nine months following President Obama’s
visit to India” [in collaboration
with the Gujarat National Law University] , 21 August
- Round Table with Prof. Dr. TÜRKKAYA ATAÖV
from Turkey, 6 July 2011
- Seminar in collaboration with Asia Centre Bangalore
on Shanghai Cooperation Organisation”
, 16 July 2011
- Release function of the book: “India-Russia
Strategic Partnership: Challenges and Prospects”
edited by Dr. Nivedita Das Kundu and published
, 19 July 2011
- ICWA-IORG International Conference on
“Reinvigorating Indian Ocean
Rim- Association for Regional Cooperation
(IOR-ARC)” [in collaboration with the Indian Ocean
Research Group (IORG)], 5-6 May 2011
- First ICWA Africa-India Academic
Conference on “Africa and India: A Partnership
for Development and Growth”
[in collaboration with the African Union Commission
and Ethiopian International Institute
for Peace and Development (EIIPD), Ethiopia], 11-12 May 2011
- Address by Prof. Luis Britto Garcia, noted historian on the anniversary of the founding of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela, 18 April 2011
- Launch of Ambassador Lakhan Mehrotra's new book 'My Days in Sri Lanka' by Smt. Nirupama Rao, Foreign Secretary
[in association with the Centre for International Relations and Community Well-being, Gurgaon]
, 19 April 2011
- Visit a delegation of scholars from China Institute for Contemporary International Relations (CICIR), led by its Vice President Mr. Ji Zhiye, 20 April 2011
- Joint Seminar on "Regional Architecture for Security and Economic Cooperation in the Asia-Pacific" in collaboration with the Institute of Foreign Affairs and National Security (IFANS), Seoul, 21 April 2011
- Visit of a five member high-level delegation from Bandaranaike Centre for International Studies (BCIS), Colombo, 29 April 2011
- International Seminar on "Maulana Abul Kalam Azad: An Architect of Indo-Persian Culture" organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University in association with the ICWA, 1-3 March 2011
- Delhi Dialogue III: 'Beyond the First Twenty years of India-ASEAN Engagement', 3-4 March 2011
- Visit of Casa Asia delegation, led by Mr. Jesus Sanz, Director General, Casa Asia, Barcelona, Spain in connection with the India-Spain Tribune, to ICWA, 7 March 2011
- 'Annual Lecture 2011' of the Association of Indian Diplomats by Shri M. Hamid Ansari, Hon'ble Vice President of India on "The Challenges to Indian Diplomacy in the 21st Century" in association with the ICWA, 11 March 2011
- ICWA Policy Discussion Series: A round-table on the "Evolving Situation in West Asia: Implications for India and Possible Responses", 11 March 2011
- One day Conference with Sheba Centre for Strategic Studies (SCSS), Sana'a, YEMEN and Signing of MOU on Cooperation
between the Indian Council of World Affairs and Sheba Centre for Strategic Studies (SCSS), 25 March 2011
- Visit of a delegation of five persons, led by Mr. Surapong Jayanama, Director from the Saranrom Institute of Foreign Affairs (SIFA) of Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Thailand to exchange views with ICWA about way and means to promote cooperation between SIFA and ICWA, 29 March 2011
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Hugo Martinez, Minister of Foreign Relations of the Republic of El-Salvador, 29 March 2011
- Address by His Excellency Dr. Leonel Fernandez Reyna,
President of The Dominican Republic [in collaboration
with the Embassy of The Dominican Republic], 4 February
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Phongsavath Boupha, Minister,
Hon’ble President Office, Lao People’s
Democratic Republic on “Contemporary State of
Intra-ASEAN Dynamics and India’s Relations with
ASEAN” 9 February 2011
- Launch of Ms. Radha Raina’s book “Echoes
of a Distant Past: India and Kazakhstan”, 10
- Joint Seminar on ‘Strengthening Cooperation
in SAARC: In the context of Non-Traditional Security
[in collaboration with the University of Rajasthan,
Jaipur], 12 February 2011
- Joint Seminar in collaboration with Asia Centre
Subject: “Is the Indian Ocean Ceasing
to be Indian?
Current Realities, Challenges and Opportunities
for India”, 26 February 2011
- Talk by Dr. Farish Ahmad-Noor, Senior Fellow for the Contemporary Islam Programme; S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies (RSIS), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore on “The Long Historical Connections between India and Southeast Asia: From the arrival of Hinduism to the Tabligh Jamaat today”, 5 January 2011
- International Conference on “Rethinking International Intervention in Afghanistan”
[in collaboration with the Maulana Abul Kalam Azad Institute of Asian Studies, Kolkata (MAKAIAS)]
, 6-7 January 2011
- Interaction with a delegation 14 Editors/Journalists from East European countries, 10 January 2011
- One Day Seminar on ‘Constitutional Crisis in Nepal’
(By Bhim Rao Ambedkar Bihar University, in association with ICWA) , 22 January 2011
- Function to commemorate the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people, 28 January 2011
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Hailemariam Dasalegne, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ethiopia on "Ethiopia-India Relations", 1 December 2010
- Roundtable discussion on "India and China in the Second Decade of the 21st Century" in collabration with the Institute of Chinese Studies
, 1 December 2010
- ICWA-PISM Seminar on 'India and Poland in the Changing World Order'[In collaboration with the Polish Institute for International Affairs with which ICWA has a MOU] “, 7 December 2010
- ICWA-MGIMO Conference on "Evolving World Order: India Russia Perspectives" [In collaboration with the Moscow State Institute for International Relations (MGIMO) with which ICWA has a MOU] “, 9-10 December 2010
- Seminar on "Japan-China-India: A Strategic Triangle" with the Japan Institute for National Fundamentals (JINF), a think tank based in Tokyo., 14 December 2010
- Discussion on the book "Arming without Aiming: India's Military Modernization"[authored by Stephen P. Cohen and Sunil Dasgupta], 4 November 2010
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Edward Nalbandian, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Armenia on "Armenia and her Neighborhood: Prospects for New Dynamics", 11 November 2010
- Visit/Lecture by Dr. Robin Niblett, Director, Royal Institute of International Affairs, Chatham House, London to ICWA Title of the Lecture: "UK and European Perspectives of India in a Changing World", 16 November 2010
- Seminar on Buddhism in collaboration with the Department of East Asian Studies of Delhi University for a visiting Buddhist delegation from China, 17 November 2010
- Asian Relations Conference - 2010 "India and GCC countries, Iran and Iraq: Emerging Security Perspectives, 20-21 November 2010
- Talk on "Germany and India ? Partners in addressing common Challenges" by H.E. Mr. Thomas Matussek, Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, 23 November 2010
- Roundtable discussion with Dr. Marie Lall, Institute of Education, University of London and Chatham House on ?Myanmar?
[in collaboration with the Institute of Chinese Studies (ICS)], 24 November 2010
- Function to mark the International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian people, 29 November 2010
- “India-Sri Lanka Dialogue” being organized by the Asian Institute of Transport Development (AITD) in association with the ICWA, 21-22 October 2010
- Seminar on Mexico-India relations, 21 evening-22 October 2010
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Vladimir I. Semashko, First Deputy Prime Minister of the Republic of Belarus and an interactive dialogue on the status and perspectives of Belarus-India relations, 25 October 2010
- Roundtable on "Current Developments in South China Sea", 6 September 2010
- Lecture by H.E. Dr. Sheel Kant Sharma, Secretary General, South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) on "South Asian Regionalism: Prospects and Challenges", 14 september 2010
- Release of Shri Talmiz Ahmad book: 'Children of Abraham at War:
The Clash of Messianic Militarisms' by Shri Mani Shankar Aiyar, Member of Parliament, 20 September 2010
- Interaction with the Deputy Foreign Minister of Ukraine, 22 September 2010
- Joint Seminar in collaboration with Asia Centre Bangalore on "Emerging Realities of Indo-US Strategic Relations: A Cost Benefit Analysis", 25 September 2010
- Workshop on “India Vietnam Strategic Partnership: Exploring Vistas for Expanded Cooperation”, 30 september 2010
Talk by H. E. Mr. Peter Varghese, Australian High Commissioner to India on "Australian Perspectives on the Asia-Pacific Region and India-Australia Cooperation in the Region", 17 August 2010
- Release of the Book: 'Colonialism & Indian Economy' authored by Dr. Amiya K. Bagchi, Director, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata (IDSK), 18 August 2010
- Roundtableb with Ambassador Frank G. Wisner, former US Ambassador to India and Dr. Thomas Graham, Senior Director at Kissinger Associates on “Reflections on Russia and the US-Russia Relationship” , 21 August 2010
- Interaction with Senior Journalists from CIS countries, 23 August 2010
- Interaction with Pakistani journalists, 2 July 2010
- A Roundtable on Bangladesh-India Relations: Six
months after The Visit to India by Prime Minister
Sheikh Hasina, 9, July, 2010
- Signing of MOU with the Institute of Foreign Affairs & National Security, Seoul, South Korea, 18 June, 2010
- Signing of MoU with the Strategic Research Centre of Turkey (SRCT) - to be signed in Delhi, 22 June, 2010
- Visit of ICWA Delegation to Tajikistan, 29 June, 2010
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Alexander Stubb, Minister for
Foreign Affairs of Finland on "Giants at Crossroads
- Prospects for the India-European Union Strategic
Partnership after the Treaty of Lisbon" , 3 May, 2010
- 'Africa Day Lecture' , 26 May, 2010
- A One Day seminar on ‘India and China: Public Diplomacy,
Building Understanding’ to mark the 60th anniversary
of the establishment of diplomatic relations between
India and China Keynote Address by: Shri Shivshankar
Menon, National Security Advisor of India , 1 April,
- The First K R Narayanan Lecture By Sir Howard Davies,
Director, London School of Economics titled “Europe,
the lost Continent?” [in collaboration with the London
School of Economics (LSE)], 8 April 2010.
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Mohammed Jassem Al-Sager, Chairman,
Council for Arab and International Relations on “The
Gulf and the Arab after 9/11”, 19
- Interaction with Women Journalists from SAARC,
20 April, 2010
- Interaction with a 15-member team from the African
Union, 5March, 2010.
- Interactive session with a group of journalists
from Nepal, 16 March, 2010.
- Film Show of a documentary‘
Countdown to Zero’ by Lawrence Bender,
18 March, 2010
- Foresight Initiative:organised by ICWA and Policy
Network, London in association with The Alfred Herrhausen
Society (a forum of Deutsche Bank):Intenational Conference
on ‘India’s Role in the Emerging World
Order’, 25-26 March, 2010
- Lecture by the President of the Republic of
Slovenia, H.E. Dr. Danilo Tuerk on ‘Peace, Stability
& Prosperity of the Western Balkans’
, 4 February, 2010.
- Joint Seminar in collaboration with the Asia Centre,
Bangalore on "Recent Developments in Bangladesh
and India’s Security Challenges ",
6 February, 2010.
- Celebration of the 50th Anniversary of India-Cuba
Relations , 11 February, 2010
- ‘ Annual Lecture’ of
the AID on “India’s Place in the
World” by Prof. Lord Bhikhu Parekh (Baron Parekh) ,
8 January, 2010
- MoU with The Institute of Foreign Affairs and National
Security (IFANS), Seoul, Republic of Korea during
their President’s visit to India, Second Half
of January 2010.
- India-Malaysia Strategic Dialogue with Institute
of Strategic and International Studies (ISIS), Malaysia,
27-29 January, 2010
- Function to mark the International Day of Solidarity
with the Palestinian people ,
2 December, 2009.
- Joint Conference with Azerbaijan Mission in New
Delhi on India-Azerbaijan Relations ,
3-4 December, 2009.
- Seminar on "Decisive Look-east policy
" in collaboration with
the Society for Indian Ocean Studies & Calcutta
University, 19 December, 2009
- Lecture by Foreign Minister of Colombia on "Colombia
and its International Perspective" , 11 November,
- "Address by the Hon. Kevin Rudd, MP and Prime Minister of Australia",12 November, 2009
- "2nd India-Australia Roundtable",12-13 November, 2009
- International Conference on Asian Relations 2009,Theme 'Emerging China: Prospects for Partnership in Asia' in association with the Association of Asia Scholars (AAS), New Delhi (In commemoration of ICWA Foundation Day),21-23 November, 2009
- Seminar on "India-EU Forum on Effective Multilateralism 2009", 8-9 October, 2009
- Lecture by Prof. V.P. Dutt on “India and China: The Past and the Future”, 4 September, 2009
- Seminar on ‘Climate Change’, 8 September, 2009
- Interaction with Journalist from Bangladesh , 11
- Seminar on "Socio-political transformation: Future of Culture in Changing Societies" in Male(Maldives), 13 August 2009
- Seminar on "Iran-GCC Relations: Understanding Current Dynamics" , 25 August, 2009
- Seminar on “Obama’s New West Asian Policy: Prospects and Challenges” , 13 July 2009
- Seminar on “Nepal Today” [In association with India International Centre (IIC), New Delhi] , 17 July 2009.
- Seminar on the "Geo-Political Contest in Afghanistan and its Impact on India's interest" Organized by ICWA and Asia Centre, Bangalore , 25 July 2009.
- Address by Foreign Minister, Maldives, 29 July 2009.
- Seminar on ‘Indonesia Today: Post Elections Reassessment of Democracy, Military and Islam’, 31 July 2009.
- Seminar on “Nepal”, 5 June 2009
- Interaction with Sri Lankan media persons, 8 June
- Seminar on “Sri Lanka”, 12 June 2009
- Release of the Book: “Democracy, Nation Building and Peace in South Asia: Challenges and Prospects” [Edited by Prof. Nalini Kant Jha, Rajiv Gandhi Chair Professor in Contemporary Studies at Allahabad Central University, Allahabad] by Prof. Bimal Prasad, Chairman, National Gandhi Museum and Honorary Director, Rajendra Prasad Academy, 19 June 2009
- National Seminar on “Regional Security in South Asia” [in collaboration with the Department of Geopolitics of Manipal University], 9-10 April 2009
- Interactive Session with African media person, 20
- In-house discussion on “Regional Security Environment – A Five Year Perspective” by the Association of Indian Diplomats in partnership, 30 April 2009
- Luncheon interaction with Prof. Alexander P. Vaitovich, a distinguished Scientist of Belarus , 17 March 2009
- Lecture by H.E. Mr. Miguel Angel Ramirez Ramos, Ambassador of Cuba on “Caribbean Region as seen from Havana”
27 March, 2009
- One day Seminar on “India-Kazakhstan Relations: New Horizons” and Release of the Book: ‘Democratic Processes in Central Asia – Indian & Kazakh Perspectives’ [in collaboration with the Embassy of Kazakhstan and India-Central Asia Foundation (ICAF), New Delhi], 30 March 2009
- Seminar on “India-Kazakhstan Strategic Partnership” in collaboration with the Centre for Research in Rural and Industrial Development (CRRID), 31 March 2009
- Annual Lecture 2009’ of the Association of Indian Diplomats by H.E. Mr. Kamlesh Sharma, Secretary General of the Commonwealth on “Managing Change and Diversity in a Compacting World” [in cooperation with the Association of Indian Diplomats], 5 February 2009
- Panel Discussion on “Indian and EU Approaches to Security” [in collaboration with the European Union Institute for Security Studies (EUISS)], 23 February 2009
- Lecture on "Shanghai Cooperation Organisation: Evolution, Growth and Future" by Mr. Bolat Nurgaliev, Secretary General of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation, 26 February 2009
- International Seminar in association with Cross Cultural Conversation on Human Solidarity: Visions and Projects, 12-14 January 2009
- Panel discussion on the book: “Bahudha and the Post 9/11 World” [Author: Shri B.P. Singh, Governor of Sikkim], 13 January 2009
- Lecture on “Imperatives of Nation Building in Africa: Security, Peace & Reconciliation” by H.E. Mr. Paul Kagame, President of the Republic of Rwanda, 19 January 2009
- A panel discussion on and release of the book: “Post 9/11 Indian Foreign Policy; Challenges and Opportunities” [Edited by Dr. Sudhir Kumar Singh, 29 January 2009
- Roundtable on “India-Arab Historical Linkages and Civilizational Dialogue” , 2-3 December 2008
- Visit of ICWA delegation to New Zealand Institute of International Affairs(NIIA), Wellington (to sign a MoU also), 6-8 November 2008
- Visit of ICWA delegation to Australian Institute of International Affairs (AIIA) Melbourne (to sign a MoU also), 9-11 November 2008
- Visit of ICWA delegation to Lowy Institute, Sydney First Australia-India Roundtable, 12-13 November 2008
- Presentation on Cologne Region & India: New Partnership & Opportunities by Mr. Fritz Schramma, Lord Mayor of Cologne, 17 November 2008
- Function to commemorate the “International Day of
Solidarity with the Palestinian People”, 25 November
- Panel Discussion on and Release of the book: “Nuclear Synergy: India-US Strategic Cooperation and Beyond” [Edited by Prof. N.K. Jha, 26 November 2008
- Seminar on “India-Russia Strategic Partnership: Challenges and Prospects” , 27-28 November 2008
- Fourth India-Spain Dialogue Forum, 16-17 October 2008
- Speech on “China-India Strategic Partnership” by H.E. Mr. Yang Jiechi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, The People’s Republic of China, 9 September 2008
- Lecture by Hon’ble Stephen Smith, Australian Minister for Foreign Affairs on ‘Australia and India in the Asia Pacific Century’, 11 September 2008
- Second Meeting regarding project on “Towards a New Asian Security Architecture – An Indian View”, 12 September 2008
- Roundtable Discussion on ‘Recent Developments in the Caucasus’, 15 September 2008
- Discussion on ‘New Nepal - Its Aspirations and Dreams’, 18 September 2008
- Third Meeting regarding project on “Towards a New Asian Security Architecture – An Indian View”, 26 September 2008
- Visit of Indian delegation (led by Amb. Chhatwal) to Kabul, Afghanistan for signing of MoU between ICWA and Centre for Strategic Studies (CSS) of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Afghanistan, 8-11 August 2008
- Seminar on ‘Indo-Swiss Relations: Blossoming Cooperation’ on the occasion of 60th Anniversary of the Indo-Swiss Treaty of Friendship, 1948 and Release of the book: “Friendship in Diversity” Sixty Years of Indo-Swiss Relations [Edited by Bernard Imhasly] (in cooperation with the Embassy of Switzerland), 13 August 2008
- India-Nigeria Track II Dialogue on ‘International Affairs’ and Lecture on ‘Dynamics of Indo-Nigerian Relations in the Age of Globalization’ by Prof. Osita C. Eze, Director General, Nigerian Institute of International Affairs (NIIA), 18 August 2008
- First Meeting regarding project on “Towards a New Asian Security Architecture – An Indian View”, 29 August 2008
- Press Conference on the occasion of the International Conference on “Towards a World Free of Nuclear Weapons”, 5 June