Indian Council of World Affairs (ICWA) announces a scheme for every Financial Year to support national/ international conferences by recognised universities and UGC centres on themes of mutual interest in international relations and foreign policy in accordance with the mandate and objectives of the ICWA. These may be viewed on its website www.icwa.in. Under the scheme, the ICWA is willing to offer support of monetary value not exceeding Rs. 2 lakhs only per national/international conference, half of which may be disbursed in advance to the applicant(s) concerned with the balance being provided upon submission of itemised accounts with supporting bills and vouchers after the conference has concluded.
ICWA will consider financial assistance upto a maximum of Rs. 2 lakhs subject to following conditions:
- ICWA is treated as partner and due credit is given by the organisers in all its publicity at the venue like conference materials, banners etc.
- The Proceedings of the seminar/conference are published as an edited volume within one year. The edited volume must carry the logo of ICWA as a sponsoring institution and a similar citation must be made in the text of the volume. Ten copies must be given free of cost to ICWA. ICWA should be able to purchase any additional copies at publisher's discounted price.
- A complete audio recording and a set of papers/conference proceedings (in soft copy also) must be provided to ICWA.
- ICWA will be represented by DG/DDG/JS/Director(R) and/or at least one Research Fellow who will present an original paper at this conference. The cost of travel of ICWA representatives will be borne by ICWA but logistical arrangements must be made by the host organisation.
Rules for Conference Grant
- The applicant Institute/University should apply to ICWA (in the attached format) citing the need for such conference and how it would contribute to developing greater understanding about India's foreign policy or any contemporary politico-strategic development of importance for India.
- The seminar / conference / workshop proposals should fall in one of the areas of interest listed.
- India's foreign policy.
- The changing politico-strategic dynamics of the Asian region and how it affects India.
- India's relations with its neighbours and the extended neighbourhood.
- Area studies: South Asia, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Africa, EU, Russia, China, Africa, multilateral institutions, nuclear issues, etc.
- The request for Conference grant should clearly mention the number of participants (both national and international), the topics for working sessions and whether additional funding for the said conference is also being solicited from other agencies.
- The grant would be approved only after the applicant provides the complete list of participants, concept note and provisional budget under different heads.
- The grantee will have to submit the final manuscript which would include all papers presented in the conference. The conference proceedings will be published by ICWA in partnership with other funding agencies or institutions. The submitted manuscript would undergo referring process before final publication.
- A Summary of the Conference should also be submitted after the Conference/Workshop/Seminar elucidating the objectives of the event, salient points raised during event and the actionable suggestions.
- The decision of the Research Committee would be final and binding in this regard.
Proposals received will be scrutinised for approval or rejection by the ICWA. ICWA will require a minimum lead time of six months for consideration of proposal received.
The proposal must include a forwarding letter from the Dean or Head of the Department of the Centre/think tank. Proposals in a sealed cover (not through email) clearly indicating "Conference Grant Proposal" on the top left hand corner may be submitted (in prescribed format) to:
Deputy Director General
Indian Council of World Affairs
Sapru House, Barakhamba Road,